Wednesday 10 March 2010

The Awards are coming...













Last year I was lucky enough have two events that I was involved with shortlisted for the Journal Culture Awards. 'Enchanted Parks' for which I created 'The Curiosity Box', won the 'Best Event Tyneside Award' and the launch of the Sunderland Aquatic Centre for which I created 'A Poem for Sunderland' was runner up for the 'Best Event Sunderland Award'.

This year I have two more events shortlisted.
They are 'Lumiere' which is shortlisted for the 'Best Event Durham Award',
and 'Odins Glow', shortlisted for the 'Best Event Tees Valley Award'.

For 'Lumiere' I created a 'Crown of Light' a son et lumiere projection across the entire frontage of Durham Cathedral and for Odins Glow 'Landscape' a projection onto the hillside at Newton-under-Roseberry.

Its great that the North East is producing such large scale arts events which draw such positive responses from the general public. Lets hope other local authorities are looking over their shoulder and taking note!

All the best to all the short listed events and I look forward to seeing you all there on the 23rd.

Production Companies